Preview Website Help Page
See What Content has been Migrated, Get Links to Search Help and About the New Site
Welcome to the Preview of the Wisconsin Historical Society's new wisconsinhistory.org! This new website is a Preview or "beta" version of the new wisconsinhistory.org. This means some content has been migrated to this website, while other content still resides on our current website (wisconsinhistory.org). During development, both the Preview website and current website are fully accessible.
If you are familiar with our current website, you will notice that the Preview website looks and feels different. Information is organized in a new way. Feel free to browse around the Preview website and search for specific items.
If You Can't Find What You are Looking for
See our Search Help page for tips on how to use the new search and navigation tools.
Or, it's probable that the items you are looking for have not yet migrated to our new site. In that case, go to our current website to find the information.
Things You Can Search and Browse Now
Below is a list of content areas that have been migrated to the Preview site.
- Family History –All pre-1907 vital records, newspaper clippings, and civil war records are ready to be discovered.
- Collections – More than 15 of our major collections are accessible as well as six major online indexes and databases.
- Teach and Learn – Historical figures, history essays, lesson plans, field trips and more are searchable.
- Historic Sites and Museums – All historic sites and museums are accessible. Plus there are links to a list of all upcoming events for historic sites and a list of all upcoming events for the Wisconsin Historical Museum.
- Homes and Properties – All National Register of Historic Places listings are searchable as well as the entire Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory. Also, special training for historic preservation commissions, historic preservation glossary and feature stories about rehabilitated structures are available.
To Learn More About the New Website
See About the New Wisconsin Historical Society Website Preview.
Spot a Problem?
We'd like to know! Fill out the Feedback and Support form by clicking on the vertical tab located on the left side of your screen.